When your car has been in an accident, your first priority will naturally be to get it back out on the road as soon as possible. If this is the first time you’ve been in a collision, the process might seem overwhelming, so when your insurance carrier offers you suggestions on where to get those repairs done, you may take their advice without thinking twice. But is this the best choice for you and your vehicle?
Insurance companies that offer a list of their preferred providers are doing so under the guise of being helpful, but they have a business relationship with those shops. Even if they offer to guarantee the work, you can safely assume that they’re getting some benefit out of the deal—and that doesn’t necessarily mean you’re getting the best work possible. You have the right to choose your auto collision shop in Oak Park, MI, so you should focus your search on quality over convenience. Here are some tips:
- Ask around: When trying to find a good shop, it’s worth asking your family and friends if they’ve had any good (or bad) experiences they can share. They’re more likely to provide the unvarnished truth.
- Research your options: The internet can provide a wealth of information, including customer reviews on sites like Yelp or Google. While any business will have some negative reviews, look for a pattern of praise or negative feedback to get an overall sense of how the shop is regarded.
- Get estimates from your top picks: Once you’ve narrowed your choices down, ask them for estimates. You want to make sure they’ll do the most thorough job while considering cost.
- Consider cleanliness: Believe it or not, a shop’s tidiness can reflect how they do business. Dirty, messy and cluttered shops indicate a lack of professionalism that could extend to how they treat their repair duties.
- Trust your gut: Above all, trust your instincts regarding whether a shop can and will do the kind of work you need. Although cost is always a factor, you should expect to be treated professionally and honestly. If you feel that the shop’s representatives are uncommunicative or unhelpful, there are many other collision shops that would be glad to do the work you need.
Get auto collision repair in Oak Park, MI
As a consumer, you have the right to shop for and choose the collision shop you would like to do business with. That’s why our goal at Autobahn Collision is to provide not only the best quality auto collision repairs in Oak Park, MI, but also dedicated customer service that anticipates your needs. Autobahn Collision is a full-service auto collision center handling repairs for all makes and models. Our certified specialists work with all OEM products and aftermarket parts. We will be happy to offer a no-hassle, free estimate for all your collision repair needs. Call us today so we can take care of your vehicle’s repair needs and get you back out on the road.